Presently, the Assessment of Assessments process has an estimated budget of 1.710 million $, so far voluntary contributions have been received from the following Member States and institutions:
- Flemish Belgium (Goverment of Flanders)
- Republic of Korea
- United States of America
- United Kingdom
- Sweden (through GESAMP)
- European Environmental Agency
IOC and UNEP, acting as the AoA Secretariat, are providing in kind and financial support.
The process has also been strengthened through the, in-kind support provided by the following organizations:
- Arctic Monitoring and Assessment Programme (AMAP)
- Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) of the United Nations
International Atomic Energy Agency (IAEA)
- International Maritime Organization (IMO)
- Regional Seas Secretariats
- United Nations Division of Ocean Affairs and Law of the Sea (UN/DOALOS)
- United Nations Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC)
- UN Oceans Joint Group of Experts on the Scientific Aspects of Marine Environmental Protection (GESAMP)
- World Conservation Monitoring Centre (UNEP-WCMC)
- World meteorological Organization (WMO)
The execution of the Assessment of Assessments-including the activities of the Ad Hoc Steering Group and the group of experts -shall be financed through VOLUNTARY CONTRIBUTIONS and other resources available to participating organizations and bodies. WE KINDLY INVITE MEMBER STATES IN A POSITION TO DO SO, TO MAKE CONTRIBUTIONS.
IOC/UNESCO and UNEP have established dedicated Trust Funds for this purpose.